Just after the French Revolution, Pierre François Lubin founded his Perfume House, at rue Sainte Anne in Paris. He provided perfumed ribbons, ball masks and rice powders to the “Incroyables” and “Merveilleuses”. His most famous creation however was the “Eau Vivifiante” later called “Eau de Lubin”. The fragrance soon won him the favour of the Imperial court. And so began Lubin’s renown thanks to Empress Joséphine and Pauline Bonaparte, Princess Borghèse. When the Bourbon monarchy was restored, the perfumer dedicated his fragrances to Queen Marie-Amélie.
Thanks to these gentle ladies, the crowned heads of Europe began to trust Lubin. Among his documents are proudly displayed the Coats of Arms of France, the King of England, and the Russian Tsar. He also added the American Eagle to his list, as he was the first perfume maker to conquer the New World in 1830. From the banks of the Mississippi to the palaces of India, his fragrances would soon be famous the world over.
Lubin is an old perfume house. The earliest edition was created in 1934 and the newest is from 2012.